Daisy Parto SUBMISSION Assignment 3 "The sound of the hills"

200 Word introduction
After drawing inspiration from my two architects, Peter Eisenmann, from the building City of Culture of Galicia and The Institute of Arts and Sciences in Staten Island and Zaha Hadid, The Zaragoza bridge in Spain.The man sources of inspiration for my piece of architecture have been influenced by the concepts of 'Layering" and "Fluidity".

The function of my piece of architecture is a multi functional theatre. It has the ability to change from a closed roof theatre to an open air Amphitheatre. It also has a weather sensor, when it rains it will close.

The environment I wanted to create for my model was a ominous, rocky valley. The theatre sits within the valley blending within the valley rocks that surrounds it, similar to Peter Eisenman’s methods in the City of Galicia, his building’s form was based on rolling hills, as he designed the cluster of buildings to blend in within its environment.

I have chosen crisis as my additional representation, because i believe it will be able to present my work through my ideas of Layering and Fluidity. Crysis is a game engine, which allows the user to create realistic landscapes. Crysis also allows features to be animated, and moved around. It also enabled users to physically walk through, making the experience feel more realistic.

To make my model & environment interactive i have chosen the following/additional techniques
- Interactive path, user will be able to experience walking through the building with interactive doors and lifts
- Interactive feel- once the user has reached a certain point in the theatre- (seating near the front) the theatre curtains will open.
- Interactive experience- the users will be able to walk into theatres and listen to a variety of performances, .e.g one theatre will produce music as you walk in and sit
- Interactive performances- the users will be able to walk into the theatres and watch physical performances
-The unpacking of my model- this interactive technique will be able to present my concept of layering, as the layers of my building will be pulled part, and be assembled in the same manner as if it was a real construction plan, one piece will be added on individually - using flow graphs
- Changes throughout the day- I want to create a scene showing the exterior of the building throughout the day from morning to night, because my 'appearance' of the exterior of my model can change drastically throughout the whole day, as the bright sun hits the surface during the day, and how the shadows

















Videos Animations Prescribed representation: cryegine  
 
Gamefront:
Renders, animations, videos :http://www.gamefront.com/files/22477549/daisyparto.zip
interactive pdfs: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22477977/DAISYPARTOinteractove.zip 
cryengine file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22477987/1390_Partocryengine.zip
 
NEW RE-UPLOAD INTERACTIVE PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?8wv2jy7qwewmn5t
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy,
    The link to the gamefront file for the interactive pdf is saying "File Not found".

    What is your additional representation technique?

    Regards,

    Andrea Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try re-uploading my pdfs again, because they work fine with me. If not I will email them to you.

    My addition representation techinque is Crysis, i stated it in my 200 words.

    ReplyDelete